Oracle Replication: unregistering a snapshot

From: Sarah Satterthwaite <ssatterthwaite_at_cswcasa.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:58:20 -0400

I have been testing Oracle Replication, single master with one updatable snapshot site on Windows 2000, Oracle 8.1.7.4.

I have a snapshot registered at the master site that I cannot get rid of. All the objects at the snapshot site have been removed. My guess is that I failed to run dbms_repcat.drop_snapshot_repobject when I was cleaning up the snapshot site. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it now?

As I have scripted the creation of the replicated objects, I have also tried to write a corresponding drop script. They seem to work, but I would be happier with some documentation to confirm that I have come up with the proper way to do it. Does anyone have pointers to such documentation?

Thanks,

Sarah

Sarah Satterthwaite
Database Administrator