Analyze Statistics on 7.3.4

From: Smith, Ron L. <rlsmith_at_kmg.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:26:38 -0500

I have an old production application running on 7.3.4 that will be replaced later this year.

About a year ago, I change from running Analyze Compute Statistics to Analyze Estimate Statistics on the tables. The Analyze is run on all tables every weekend.

But now, when I query the LAST_ANALYZED from USER_TAB_COLUMNS it shows a date LAST_ANALYZED of about a year ago. This seems odd because if I look at the statistics for each object, they appear to be current. (record count, etc...)

Can I trust the Analyze Estimate or not? Is there a way to be sure?

Thanks!
Ron