RE: Oracle Gateway to SqlServer

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:06:53 +1000

Tom,
What OS is your Oracle DB on?
Can you get an ODBC driver for SQL Server for that OS. If you can and if HSODBC is available for that Oracle platform then that = is an option - it is free but it does have limitations.

Some relevant Metalink notes are 107227.1 and 109730.1 plus some = previous postings on this list, eg:
Michael Thomas list of issues with Generic Connectivity: http://www.orafaq.com/maillist/oracle-l/2004/06/23/1750.htm

Or a posting by myself at =
http://www.orafaq.com/maillist/oracle-l/2004/05/04/0234.htm that talks = about some parameters to add if you use GC and have global_names =3D = TRUE Cheers,
Bruce Reardon