RE: Auditing original user in an n-tier environment

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 14:18:47 -0400

I have the same problem. My users are using Cognos and SAS. SAS is in = a pilot project and apparently, it can do the pass through you are = describing. Cognos logs user access to a file. Cognos provides a schema = you can build and load the log files to it for better management. Its = kind of clunky and doesn't give you row level auditing. Is the App = something built in house or a COTS product?

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Pennsylvania Dept of Health
Bureau of Information Technology