"Dual-Core" CPUs & the future of software licensing

From: Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 10:06:47 -0400

Not just and Oracle Licensing issue...this effects many vendors.
>>"Multicore chips place two or more CPUs on a single piece of silicon..."

I'm not a huge hardware guy, but on the Enterprise side of things...I have worked with Oracle/IBM at three clients now. If I'm not mistaken hasn't IBM but doing the "more than two cores on the die" for a while now!?...Far as I know, NO software vendor has made stink about IBM "Dual-Core" processors?

Your thoughts?

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=60402975 AMD Demos Dual-Core Athlon 64 Feb. 23, 2005 The latest shoe to drop in the race toward multicore technology came today from AMD, which says it has demonstrated a working dual-core version of its Athlon 64 desktop processor. By Alexander Wolfe

http://informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=160901377 Intel To Unveil Dual-Core Pentiums On Monday April 15, 2005 The ship date for Intel's first-ever dual core processors and chipsets is timed to coincide with the official 40th anniversary of Moore's Law. By Alexander Wolfe

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA