Re: RMAN backup to OCFS failed

From: Zhai Jingmin <zhai_jingmin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 03:01:38 -0700 (PDT)

zhu chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com> wrote:For issue 1: http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_data= base_id=3DNOT&p_id=3D242926.1

For issue 2, simply don't try to backup to OCFS volume. FIx it by work around it.
Backup on ocfs volume is troublesome and when doing restore, you will hit more problems.

Make a better choice instead of trying to fix the OCFS:)

On 5/9/05, Zhai Jingmin wrote:
> Hi list,
> we are testing 10g RAC building on OCFS volume,backend is EMC|Dell CX500.=
Database version is 10.1.0.4.The rpm packages used to install OCFS is:
> ocfs-2.4.21-EL-smp-1.0.14-1
> ocfs-support-1.0.10-1
> ocfs-tools-1.0.10-1
> ocfs-tools-debuginfo-1.0.10-1
> The linux box is RHEL3 update4, kernel version is 2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp.
> We found following problem:
> 1.The 'drop tablespace xxx including contents and datafiles;' cannot dele=
te physical file from OCFS volumn.The error is:
> ORA-01265: Unable to delete LOG /U01/oradata/test01.dbf
> ORA-27056: could not delete file
> Linux Error: 16: Device or resource busy

>=20

> 2.RMAN cannot backup to OCFS volumn:
> ORA-27061: waiting for async I/Os failed
> Linux Error: 1: Operation not permitted
>=20

> sometime the 'Linux Error' is device not exist.
>=20

> Anyone encounter these problems?
> I searched through OCFS mailing list on oss.oracle.com,but got no clue.Th=
en I created a TAR on Metalink,still got nothing from them.
> Any suggestion is appreciated.Thanks in advance.
>=20

> Zhai
>=20
>=20