RE: A clever message from my EM10g server...

From: Robert Pegram <pegramrg_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 07:26:22 -0700 (PDT)

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one to feel that way. In fact, I have had a tar open with Oracle for 6 months trying to get the grid control installed on AIX. They have created a bug, but so far have not come up with a work around.

As far as the status unknown issue - I think I had that same problem and it was the dbsnmp password. I had to go to target - database - configure and change the dbsnmp password.

There are also some important features that we use that are not available in this release of the grid control. For example - you cannot email the output of an sql script and you cannot page or email if a job fails. I could probably come up with work arounds, but it was much easier in 9i. I'm pushing our management to wait until release 2.

Rob Pegram
Duke University

Discover Yahoo!
Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM and more. Check it out! http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html