Re: comments on forcedirectio

From: zhu chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 19:56:55 +0800

Hi, Vivek,

    Is it only batch job related application slow down, or really the WHOLE instance slowed down? Batch job can be slower as now filesystem cache does not cache the data that not cached by oracle SGA when you do full table scan.

    After you changed the from buffered io to forcedirectio, do you have any change in oracle SGA size? As now more free memory can be used by oracle?

On 5/4/05, VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com> wrote:

>=20

> We experienced significant database wide slowdown for a High Transaction
> volume Hybrid(OLTP+Batch) type database on setting forcedirectio(Solaris
> OS) on datafile's partitions with Oracle 8i. Performance returned to
> normal on removal of the same.

>=20
> HTH
--=20