sanity check...

From: bill thater <shrekdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 16:39:59 -0500

solaris 9
9.2.0.6

OK i have several development databases here. the production ones are someplece else and they're not my concern yet. a lot of the evelopment here consists of truncating and reloading tables in a couple of schemas on the databases, adding data, importing data. most of the schemas are static. this leads to developers showing up at my cube and <whiney voice> "bill, the database is slow again.</whiney voice>. most of this can be fixed by just gathering stats on those schemas.

so what i'm looking for is pointers to TFM, white papers, best pratices, your favorite method of gathering stats on just those schemas so i can write a script to be chroned to run against them.

thanks.

--=20
--

Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA    =20
       shrekdba_at_gmail.com=20

om mani padme hum
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed May 04 2005 - 17:45:00 CDT