Re: Oracle alternatives

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 14:53:46 -0400

On 5/4/05, Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com> wrote:
> For the benefit of those who may not be able to see the SearchOracle
> site, sorry I was restricted to 600 words or less. Could have gone 10
> times that without really trying.

>=20

> Now you want to add in a copy of
> Oracle? Well keep your wallet out cause that's going to set you back
> $15,000 to $40,000 depending on which edition you get Standard or
> Enterprise. Of course there's more to licensing Oracle than that and I
> could go on and on about that

FUD.
$5,000 list retail for Standard Edition One.

next.

Paul

perhaps I need to add some ballast to this post so that it does not blow away into the overquoting area. I really had nothing else to add to the post and this filler adds nothing at all except enough text to avoid the lameness filter, without resorting to ASCII art. Actually, it should no longer be referred to as ASCII art as the charset used is most certainly no longer US7ASCII. That should be long enough.