Re: 10g shared pool requirements

From: Christo Kutrovsky <kutrovsky.oracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 14:06:36 -0400

The evidence I have is the shared pool errors we have :)

The other evidence i have is my v$sgastat output:

select pool, name,round(bytes/1024/1024) as mb from v$sgastat order by pool,bytes desc;

java pool free memory 16
large pool free memory 15
large pool PX msg pool 1
shared pool sql area 370
shared pool library cache 223
shared pool miscellaneous 148
shared pool free memory 87
shared pool partitioning d 60
shared pool KGLS heap 34
shared pool KQR M PO 30
shared pool KQR M SO 24
shared pool KQR L PO 17
shared pool PL/SQL MPCODE 6
shared pool PL/SQL DIANA 3
shared pool type object de 3
shared pool KUPP subheap 1
shared pool KQR L SO 1
shared pool repository 0
shared pool parameters 0
shared pool PX subheap 0
shared pool STREAMS messag 0
shared pool pl/sql source 0
shared pool PLS non-lib hp 0
shared pool table definiti 0
shared pool PL/SQL PPCODE 0
shared pool trigger defini 0
shared pool evaluation con 0
shared pool KQR S SO 0
shared pool joxs heap 0
shared pool kwqbsinfy:bqgc 0
shared pool fixed allocation callback 0
shared pool trigger inform 0
shared pool kwqbsinfy:stat 0
shared pool kwqbsinfy:cco 0
shared pool image handles: 0
shared pool kwqbsinfy:bmsg 0
 buffer_cache 992
 fixed_sga 1
 log_buffer 1

On 5/4/05, Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com> wrote:
> As Moe Syzslak would say, "WHAAAA??!??!"

>=20

> 1) What evidence do you have that you require 600MB of shared pool?
>=20

> 2) Are you using ASMM?
>=20

> I've got a small-ish 10.1.0.3.0 DB dedicated to Oracle's Ultra Search =3D
> and it runs very happy with a 250MB total SGA on Solaris 9. Currently, =
=3D
> ASMM has 145MB of that for the shared pool, 60 for Java, and 40 for =3D
> buffers.
>=20

> Rich
>=20

> Rich Jesse System/Database Administrator
> rich.jesse_at_quadtechworld.com QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA
> =3D20
>=20
>=20

--=20