can we drop the index on composite partitioned table

From: sarath kumar <sarath_kumar0_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 21:48:10 -0700 (PDT)

Steeve,

In one of the projects i came across a table as follows,

a composite patitioned table bcall (
BC_ID number,
DATE_END date,
ACCOUNT_NUMBER number
BILL_CYCLE_REPORT
BC_TYPE) with indexes
1. IDX_BC_DTACC (DATE_END, ACCOUNT_NUMBER) 2. IDX_BC_COMP_KEY1 (ACCOUNT_NUMBER,BILL_CYCLE_REPORT, BC_TYPE) most of the querries are using index 1 but when index 2 is used they are much faster,

can I just drop the index 1, my fellow dba says, we cannot drop this index since it is used in range/hash partition the data.

please advise

thanks
Srinivas

Do You Yahoo!?