Database Link

From: Burton, Laura <BurtonL_at_frmaint.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 21:16:53 -0500

I am trying to access an 8.0 database from a 9.2 database. I can do this via sql*plus, but no luck when using a database link. I have an 8.1 database on the same server as the 8.0 database and can connect via a db link and sqlplus.

I have looked at Metalink and found an article that is pretty straight forward. I don't have my connections 'fully qualified' but the connections are set up the same and one works and one doesn't. When you use a link does it use the 'listener' where the database resides and where the connection is coming from? This is probably a dumb question but at this point I am questioning everything I think I know about it.

Any guidance??

Thanks, Laura