RE: need help on how to configure the 10g console to see a manually created database

From: <jsb_at_digistar.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 10:58:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Ana Choto wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, since you're not using port 1521, have you
> checked the emoms.properties file and the targets.xml file to see what
> port is showing there? I remember I had to edit these files to change
> the default port manually.

Not sure where those files would be.

I do not have a directory named hostname_SID in the 10.1.0.3 $ORACLE_HOME. There is one there for the test database that was installed when Oracle was installed, however there isn't one for the manually-created database.

The test database's directory is named box.dom.com_TEST10G in $ORACLE_HOME, however I do not have one of those for the new ADEV database - i'm guessing that emca creates that directory structure.

I just updated tnsnames and listener ora files to use port 1521 and emca still displays the error that the database is unavailable.

Thanks