Oracle patch question....

From: Ashish Mohan <ashish.mohan_at_wipro.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 14:54:53 +0530

I have an Oracle Server Enterprise Edition with 8174 DB on HPUx 11.11. It was installed with OHS (Oracle HTTP Server) but we have never used this component. According to Oracle Critical Patch Update APR 2005, I have applied Security Alerts 45, 51, 62 but am stuck while applying install.sh of CPU Apr '05.

We don't have JDK_HOME installed ; however install.sh refers to JDK_HOME, doesn't find one and stops execution at this point. Would appreciate if someone could answer the following for me:

  1. Should we modify the script to remove references to JDK_HOME or skip CPU Apr '05 patch altogether?
  2. We initally thought of Un-installing the HTTP server, so that we need not apply the patches. But I have no idea whether we can uninstall this component. Could someone let me know the "Response file method" (or give some pointers) of deinstalling the Oracle HTTP server from Oracle 8174 EE. Also, convey whether this uninstall will have any effect on the DB start or are there any dependencies?

Thanks and Regards
Ashish.

Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin_at_wipro.com immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.