Re: Ora 4031

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 19:38:16 -0600

Mladen,

I have to second Yongping's sentiment. The required size of the shared pool depends on a lot of factors. I am running several Peoplesoft databases with a shared pool of 80-100M each and none is getting 4031 errors. Granted, they are development instances.
I agreee that Oracle 9i probably needs a bit more shared pool than 8i, all else being equal.

Laura,

do you have any non-default cursor parameters? Such as "open_cursors", "session_cached_cursors", or "cursor_space_for_time"? What is the exact error you are getting. Is it always the same routine that is getting the error. Have you tried "keep"ing the "STANDARD" (and others) PL/SQL procedures?

At 06:18 PM 5/2/2005, Yongping Yao wrote:
>"9.2 needs more shared pool then 8.1.6. 256M is a bare minimum"
>gogala, how do you conclude that? We use several 9201 here with all
>the shared pool 120M, and Statspack didn't say it's busy. Well, one is
>OLTP and the others like DSS.

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation