"Focus group" for database management interface

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:06:23 -0400

Hi,

We're in the process of updating and revamping our software GUI, and we're interested in getting a sense of what information production DBAs wish they had at their fingertips. To that end, we're asking that anyone willing to endure a short (10-15 minute) phone conversation with me or answer some questions over email regarding their "Oracle GUI wish-list", email me privately and OFF-LIST. I promise that this is not in any way a thinly veiled sales call, and no one will ever get in touch with you because of it. We are just trying to insure that our software is actually going to show information that DBAs would be interested in knowing, instead of the same generic - "Load", "CPU", "Memory Utilization", etc.

I'm afraid there's no compensation at the moment, though I'm looking into what we might be able to send on over to you. If anyone is in the new york city area, I'd be more than happy to buy a round in exchange for taking the time to speak with me.

Thanks much,
Matt

--

Matthew Zito