Re: v$lock question

From: jame tong <jametong_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:46:41 +0800

>From Description of Oracle7 Wait Events and Enqueues of Anjo Kolk
3.4 CU, Bind Enqueue
How Many Resources:

   1/child cursor
How Many Locks:
  1/child cursor/process.
How Many Users:
  processes * open_cursors.
Who Uses:

    All processes.
When Used:

   This keeps us from hanging on the exclusive pin if somebody else sets the bind types and gets the shared-pin for the execute before we get the exclusive pin for bind (which would be unnecessary at that point). Once we get the enqueue, we'll check whether the cursor is still unbound, in which case we'll verify that it was bound the way that we wanted it, or we'll go ahead and bind it ourselves.

Id1, Id2 Combination:

   Child Object Handle, 0.
Lock Value Block:

   Not Used.