Re: Profiles and password limits in 9i

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:22:27 -0700

For that to happen you need to create the user with the 'PASSWORD EXPIRE' clause.
14:21:41 rsysdevdb.radisys.com <http://rsysdevdb.radisys.com> - js001292_at_dv03 SQL> create user trashme profile barebones

14:21:49 2 identified by password
14:22:01 3 password expire
14:22:10 4 /

User created.

14:22:10 rsysdevdb.radisys.com <http://rsysdevdb.radisys.com> - js001292_at_dv03 SQL> connect trashme/password ERROR:
ORA-28001: the password has expired

Changing password for trashme
New password:

On 4/22/05, Ehresmann, David <David.Ehresmann_at_ps.net> wrote:

> This profile forced users to change their password upon first login in
> 8i. In 9i it is not forcing that behavior. I have looked on metalink
> and read the notes 114930.1, 1079860.1, and 162818.1. Does anybody know
> why or has had the same experience?
> PROFILE FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS 5
> PROFILE PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME 90
> PROFILE PASSWORD_REUSE_TIME
> UNLIMITED
> PROFILE PASSWORD_REUSE_MAX 5
> PROFILE PASSWORD_VERIFY_FUNCTION DEFAULT
> PROFILE PASSWORD_LOCK_TIME 9999
> PROFILE PASSWORD_GRACE_TIME 5
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Ehresmann