Re: sqlplus shutdown "time-out"

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:02:22 -0700

When you shutdown abort, Instance Recovery requires rolling forward through the redo before opening the database. Rolling back the undo is done in the background.

You can shutdown abort, startup and logon to the database faster than you can shutdown immediate, startup and logon to the database.

Jared

--
Jared Still