RE: Urgent Oracle CPU issue

From: Vlado Barun <vlado_at_cadre5.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:48:39 -0400

Mladen Gogala wrote:

> Kirti, I am not at all sure that 10046 is the right tool here. The event
> 10046 is geared toward exposing
> waits. The problem with this particular thing seems to be that it is NOT
> waiting at all, it's hogging the CPU.

However, 10046 does help in identifying which statements consume the most CPU time, thus helping in finding the source of the problem. Also, in 9i with 10046, cpu time is tracked on the row source level enabling you to find the problem even faster.

Vlado Barun, M.Sc.
Senior Data Architect, Cadre5
www.cadre5.com

Office: 865 690 4442