Accessing sql server tables from an Oracle instance

From: Mike Hennesy <orcl9ps8dba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:08:56 -0700 (PDT)

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue forced upon them.

An Oracle 9206 instance running on Solaris 8 accessing sql server 2000 tables (between 5-15).

What's the best way to accomplish this? I know of Oracle's Heterogeneous services but that requires ODBC and I'm not aware of any Solaris ODBC drivers. Has anyone used any third party ODBC drivers for Solaris
(pros/cons/how weel did they work)?

Is there any other method to accomplish this?

I'm considering installing a small oracle instance
(with heterogeneous services) on the sqlserver machine
to act as a pass through to the sql server tables.

All thoughts any opinions welcomed.

Thanks - Mike

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail