Re: Lag function problem - conclusion

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:13:45 +0300

On 4/13/05, Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > For your particular query you can tune it, by specifying partition
> > clause, and thus limiting the size of the analytic window.

Yea, You were right - limiting size for windowing function worked like a ch= arm.
So the moral from this story - use partitioning clause for at least lag function and big ordered sets.

But the biggest moral from this story is - __read Oracle documentation__ because after short investigation I'v found function first_value() that gives me more elegantly exactly what I need without combining row_number() and lag() :)

Gints