Re: SQL*Loader-908: Unable to lock table due to ORACLE error 54

From: Peter Gram <peter.gram_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:24:08 +0200

John
Fore more info have a look at note 258649.1 Differences between Conventional and Direct path options of SQL*Loader on metalink and yes sqlloader uses a "lock table <name> exclusive mode nowait".

/peter

exclusive mode nowait;

--

Best regards / Venlig hilsen

/*Peter Gram*/
Miracle A/S <http://www.miracleas.dk>
Kratvej 2
DK - 2760 Måløv

Cell:  (+45) 2527 7107
Phone: (+45) 4466 8855
Fax:   (+45) 4466 8856
Home:  (+45) 3874 5696
Skype:  peter_gram
Email: peter.gram_at_miracleas.dk

 30 Mar 2005  	 SQL Tuningsdag for Oracle-teknikere
 2-4 May 2005  	 SQL Server Master Class with Kimberly Tripp

accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein