RE: VLDBA's: gather stats on a large table

From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:43:34 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Christian,

That means my understanding was good.

>> Does the application take advantage of partition
>> pruning? If yes, even if the SQL are not
>> referencing the partitions directly, it's
>> important to have partition-level stats.
Just your last sentence in your original response was a little bit confusing and I wanted to check is anything changed from what I know.

This is then telling that partition level statistics are not of any use for the original question????

Also not of so much use when using PL/SQL and static SQL with binds on the partitioning key columns.

Regards,
Zoran

Do You Yahoo!?