Re: [Q] how to list all user's table content use dbms_metadata.get_ddl???

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:39:11 +0000

On Mar 31, 2005 2:30 PM, Ian Cary (C) <Ian.Cary_at_ordnancesurvey.co.uk> wrote:
> select dbms_metadata.get_ddl('TABLE',table_name,owner)
> from dba_tables
> where owner =3D 'USER1'

I tried using this recently on 9i databases and found it to be extremely slow. About 40 minutes I think to get ddl for ~300 tables.

OTOH I found that using Perl to parse the DDL from an export file created with rows=n was extremely fast.

No, I didn't trace the session to see why it was slow.

--
Jared Still