Re: Xserve G5

From: Steve Rospo <srospo_at_vallent.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:59:19 -0800 (PST)

I'm *ONLY* interested if there's actual numbers, price and performance along with a comparison to more "traditional" Oracle platforms. From the look of the prices below the real price break comes in on the disk storage not the nodes, but at what performance cost? I can imagine it's pretty fast at low concurrency but I want to see what happens when there's a lot of concurrency. We're talking RAC here so it's not a big stretch to demand large amounts of concurrency.

Now that much cheap space would be very nice for disk backups....

S-

--
Stephen Rospo        Principal Software Architect
Vallent Corporation (formerly Watchmark-Comnitel)

This email may contain confidential information. If you received this in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this
message and any attachments. Thank you.