RE: Oracle on VMS?

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:31:17 -0600

Have you checked out RAC on VMS? Since the RAC's clustering technology was born in VMS, the docs (from memory, 9i) had no prerequisite setup for a VMS cluster. Not that I'm advocating RAC, but that little tidbit was interesting, given the setup needed on Linux for RAC.

The last I used Oracle on VMS was 8.0.5 on VMS 7.2. I hope Oracle's at least using OFA on VMS now. The directory structure of an Oracle install on VMS was way different from Linux/HPUX/Solaris back then.

GL!

Rich
Former 10-year VMS admin