ot: mysql

From: Joan Hsieh <Joan.Hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:35:38 -0500

Hi,

I'd like to know with extensive oracle dba experience, how's the learning curve for a new mysql server. We don't have any mysql experience at all. One mysql server want us to take over and do basic administrative and tuning type of the tasks. We have the options to say 'yes' or 'no'. I am just curious to know does that would be an easy take over? where we should be start? (I checked the mysql manual, is this a good start point)

Thanks,

Joan