Re: Should Advanced Replication be considered for High Availability solutions?

From: mkb <mkb125_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 06:57:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi Giovanni,

My own experience has been that it is fairly stable once up and running, but once something goes wrong, a bear to get right(trigger based replication in 9.2). If you want to implent replication anyway, choose streams based replication since it is much easier to manage.

So I'd also recommend that you stay away from replication as a failover solution. Instead, I think that DataGuard is a better solution. It is also designed to work with 9i RAC.

hth

--
mohammed