Re: Slow Firewire

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:37:11 -0500

Mladen,

I'm tempted to:

- blame the hardware
- blame the driver
- blame the OS kernel parms
- blame the filesystem

I had a similar issue with an x86 server that only had USB 1.0 ports. After installing an add-in 3rd party USB/Firewire PCI-X card, sustained throughput increased to 27 MB/sec to an external USB IDE drive.

A no-name 32 bit USB/Firewire card goes for about $20, including a driver installation CDROM. I have a spare in the office ... when are you heading down to nyc next?

What was the throughput rate for the device prior to installing OCFS?

Paul

--
#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
# f=ma, divide by 1, convert to moles.