RE: Firewire and 10g RAC

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:19:34 -0600

I've said it before on this list and I'll say it again: If you want to try this out to see if/how RAC will work for you, spend the extra $300 on two Adaptec SCSI controllers and a SCSI drive. This will much closer emulate a production installation and you won't have to deal with firewire issues. Look at: http://www.bradmark.com/site/products/pdfs/9irac_config.pdf for the instructions. Ours was about $1100 because we went with Adaptec 29160LP controllers and a better HD.

HTH! GL! Rich