Re: urgent connect '/ as sysdba' insufficient privs

From: Mark Burgess <mburgess_nz_at_yahoo.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:45:38 +1000

Hi April,
have there been any previous changes to gid or uid for the oracle unix user after the last relink of the oracle executable? if so then you might have to relink the oracle binaries:

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/relink all

also check the permissions on $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle as well..they should be 6751 or rwsr-s--x

from memory the uid and gid is stored in the oracle executable on relink..subsequent changes to the uid or gid for the oracle user can result in this sort of permissions error..