RE: Configuration of the SAN

From: Bruce McCartney <bruce.mccartney_at_dbinfosystems.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:07:16 -0700

Luc,
I have a system we set up exactly that way because we needed the redo thoughput; wasting space was not a huge issue. The problem is these SAN arrays don't come with smaller drives :)

It depends on requirement - have you got a feel for IO/s or any redo stats? Even with this approach you can serialize on the internal emc write queue for a single drive in the raid1 set unless it is striped. If you go with this approach, have the emc drives set to use only the outer tracks which have a higher thoughput...

Bruce