Re: ALTER TABLE LOCK DISABLE

From: jungwolf <spatenau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:14:14 -0600

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:51:27 -0600, Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson_at_acxiom.com> wrote:
> I kinda like the fact that people couldn't inadvertently drop a
> table.

Eh? Can't drop a table inadvertently? I need to look at this option.  So, how about using it for read-only objects? You don't need to rebuild or do other maintenance, they are already saved (or better be!), and this keeps them from being dropped. And possibly a performance boost.

There was another thread discussing some people's (my) surprise that you can drop an object in a readonly tablespace. Maybe this is the command I've been looking for. Any ideas/advice?

Steven