RE: Managing Oracle and SAP projects are similar enough?

From: <Kip.Bryant_at_Vishay.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:26:10 -0800

I agree. I once worked for a good manager who felt that "if you can drive a Chevy, you can drive a Ford" when hiring programmers. Obviously, this didn't always work out but we did hire people who didn't exactly match HR's job description but turned out to be excellent. Same is true for project management. Like you say, so long as the project manager listens to the people who actually know the details, know the likely timeline for particular tasks, and know the likely pitfalls peculiar to the work at hand then they should be able to do a creditable job with either type of project.

If they don't...good luck...been there too...

Kip