Re: Profiler - Orasrp

From: Egor Starostin <egorst_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:44:29 +0600

Below is the list of features of Hotsos Profiler (taken from http://hotsos.com/products/profiler.html) and my comments for every feature whether it available in orasrp or not.

> Distinctions of the Hotsos Profiler include:
> Methodical two-step solution path to any problem
Yes. The same in OraSRP.

> Complete, accurate resource profile

Yes, I hope.

> Proper aggregation of shareable SQL

Not yet. It seems that this nice feature will be added in the next enhancement release.

> Complete accounting of recursive SQL relationships
Not yet. The same as previous feature. I'm planning to add them both in one version since they are connected to each other.

> Additional information display conveniences
> Hotsos Profiler provides several distinctive information display conveniences that speed the problem diagnosis process, including:

> SQL statement text formatted for easier reading
I'd say 'Yes'.

> Histograms for wait events (I/O, latch, enqueue, etc.) to reveal information about skew in operation durations
'Yes' for I/O, latch, enqueue. 'No' for etc. :)

> Statistics presentation optimized for prioritization of LIO operations
It looks like 'Yes'.

> Statement-level statistics shown both inclusive and exclusive of recursive SQL (tkprof shows only one; which one varies by release)
Yes. Actually there is a case when orasrp doesn't show exclusive statistics. It happens only when it's the same as inclusive statistics.

> Identification of which PIO blocks are managed through the Oracle buffer cache and which are not
No.

> Statement-level statistics shown in per-execute and per-returned-row form for convenient analysis
Yes.

> Numbers formatted with thousands separators for easier reading
Yes.

As an additional features of OraSRP I'd like to mention the ability to display results also in text format and ability to work as http server.

--
Egor
http://www.oracledba.ru/orasrp/