Re: Oracle listener problems/ environment settings.

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:57:41 -0800

Hi Jeff,

Open a cmd window and check your environment.

Make sure the correct Oracle binaries are appearing first in the path for the 8i database. If incorrect use the Oracle Home tool to switch Oracle Homes and open another cmd window and check it again.

Also, set your ORACLE_SID in the command window if you have not done so already.

HTH Jared

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:18:16 -0700, Eberhard, Jeff <Jeff.Eberhard_at_triumphgs.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last night a database server was rebooted. It has both oracle 8i and oracle
> 9 databases on it. The oracle 9 database started fine, the oracle 8s don't
> want to play.
>
> I believe I have all the environment variables set for the oracle 8 home.
>
> When starting svrmgrl I am getting an ORA-15260: TNS:protocol adapter error.
>
> Also the oracle 8 listener is not running. When trying to start the
> listener errors out with:
> Failed to start service, error 997.
> TNS-12536: TNS:operation would block
> TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
> TNS-00506: Operation would block
> 32-bit Windows Error: 997: Unknown error
>
> Another wierd thing, the log files for the listener are being generated in
> the oracle 9 home. Where is it finding the references to the oracle9 home?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Jared Still