Oracle listener problems/ environment settings.

From: Eberhard, Jeff <Jeff.Eberhard_at_triumphgs.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:18:16 -0700

Hi,

Last night a database server was rebooted. It has both oracle 8i and oracle 9 databases on it. The oracle 9 database started fine, the oracle 8s don't want to play.

I believe I have all the environment variables set for the oracle 8 home.

When starting svrmgrl I am getting an ORA-15260: TNS:protocol adapter error.

Also the oracle 8 listener is not running. When trying to start the listener errors out with:
Failed to start service, error 997.
TNS-12536: TNS:operation would block
 TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
  TNS-00506: Operation would block
   32-bit Windows Error: 997: Unknown error

Another wierd thing, the log files for the listener are being generated in the oracle 9 home. Where is it finding the references to the oracle9 home?

Thanks,
Jeff