Re: Cloning 21 GB Table - Use of Snapshot ? - Review Approachplease

From: Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:53:16 -0500

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:18:40 +0530, VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com> wrote:

> Great approach Thomas. Thanks so much for sharing the real experience.
>
> A basic Qs - Since creation of a Clone Table is occurring within the
> SAME Production Database, is REDO, UNDO generated by the snapshot
> processes (initial one followed by fast refresh)? If so, to what extent?
>
> Thanks again

We were moving to another platform so the redo and undo were generated independently from the original table.

If we were just cloning the table on the production database using that technique I would expect the redo and undo for that table to double. There might be something that I'm not considering there but that's my first take on it.