Re: Tuning SGA

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:25:36 -0500

Robert,

Often times hardware is leased for a 3 year contract. I've often seen a server that was performing acceptably (that had a robust storage subsystem) be taken offline and replaced with screaming fast new CPUs, high memory bandwidth box that has a ridiculously poor storage subsystem that has 73 GB (or larger) hard drives.

As long as the buffer cache hit ratio is > 0.9999 no one is likely to complain, except for the dba.

De-coupling server and storage is the way to go.

Paul

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:18:03 +0100, Robert Blok <robert.blok_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Why did you move to the new machine?
>
> What was the reason for upgrading?
> Was the performance bad? Was the response time bad for users (what
> users)? Did some batch run too slowly?
>
> What was your previous machine?
>
> Robert.

#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop