Re: enq: TX - index contention

From: jaromir nemec <jaromir_at_db-nemec.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:46:51 +0100

Hi,

>My initial test showed I requested 1 ITL and 4 blocks. I got 4 blocks with

two ITL slots in them.

This behaviour is a bit more than I understand under "default"; wouldn't be more correct to say, that the allowed range was changed as well?.

> But anybody who looks at the block dump knows better.

I strong skeptic would argue that this is only other presentation of the metadata. The best test IMHO is simple to stress a block with two parallel transactions and observe if the concurrency takes place.

If I recall it correctly there is a paper on this topic from Arup Nanda on dbazine (unfortunately not online currently) and for sure lot of other stuff else.

Regards

Jaromir D.B. Nemec