update syntax

From: Guang Mei <GMei_at_ph.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:12:36 -0500

On oracle 9i,

I thought I saw a similar sql looks like below, but this one does not seem to work. Anyone could tell me the correct syntax? TIA.

update T1
set c1 , c2 = (select c1, c2 from T1 where id= 123) where id= 456;

Guang

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL:
This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.