RE: enq: TX - index contention

From: Hollis, Les <Les.Hollis_at_ps.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:50:17 -0600

OK cut from the very document you referred me to states =20

A transaction, which modifies a record in the datablock, must get an ITL slot in that datablock. The number of ITL slots in a datablock is defined by the INITRANS (which defaults 1 for data blocks and 2 for index blocks) and MAXTRANS.

So, what I said earler coincides with the web page you referred me to.

Oracle creates a table with a DEFAULT 2 datablocks.

Oracle creates an index with a DEFAULT 5 datablocks

Based on your setting (OR lack thereof) for inittrans in your create statement, Oracle will allocate 1 inittrans (ITL) for each BLOCK in the segment. Default or NO entry will give you ONE inittrans for EACH BLOCK and I will repeat here that AGAIN by default you get 2 blocks for a create table statement unless you specify a bigger initial size and or are using Locally Managed Tablespaces (so there is no confusion as to what I meant by LMT)

So, what I am saying is agreement with the URL I pasted to me.

Which means that again the documentation is right.