Re: enq: TX - index contention

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:50:57 +0530

Les:

Sorry you have to buy that as that is the truth. All the documentations and references you mention are wrong. Sorry I am at home now and I don't have a database to demonstrate that. It is very simple to test.

Just create a table and dump few blocks. You will see 2 ITLs ( It will be visible in block dump, if you have difficulties in reading blockdump just grep for 'itc' in the trace file. This will show the ITL count.

--

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan