RE: enq: TX - index contention

From: Hollis, Les <Les.Hollis_at_ps.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:08:39 -0600

Then explain to me why a "select ini_trans from user_tables where table_name =3D 'JUNKY1'; " returns a result of =20

INI_TRANS

1

On a table I just created

And I guess ALL of Oracle's Documentation is wrong......Training courses both 9.0 and 9.2, The Online documentation for create table which contains THIS:

If you omit this clause, then Oracle uses the following default values:

PCTFREE: 10=20
PCTUSED: 40=20
INITRANS: 1=20

MAXTRANS: Depends on data block size

AND the Oracle Press Oracle 9i DBA Handbook on page 881 under create table....

You're telling me that ALL of that documentation PLUS the actual results of a select statement are wrong.

Not buying it.