Triggers - Value Passing

From: Kean Jacinta <jacintakean_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:48:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi :)

I have a scenario here , which uses trigger on emp table.

If an insert sql is issue then it will call this trigger, and the trigger will then create an id from seq_emp.nextval, and added the value into the table.

How would i know what id number get's created ? Izzit by issueing seq_emp.currval ? If i issued this select seq_emp.currval from my trigger how can i pass this value to my web application ?

Need some light on this. THANK YOU

JK

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site! http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/