Re: 9i OEM agent fails to start on windows

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:45:07 +0000

On the servers where it fails to start, did Oracle support get you to delete all the .q files etc in %ORACLE_HOME%\network\agent?

I'd do the following

  1. move or rename all the .q files in the above directory.
  2. set trace on the agent
  3. attempt to start the agent and see what I got.

I'd also wonder a little bit about the java classpaths, I don't know apps, but the agent is a java program (IIRC) so you might be picking up the wrong .jars.

In addition I'd be escalating the call with support. (though of course they might require you to patch or upgrade before they attempt to fix it).

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:57:19 -0500, Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org> wrote:
> I am still looking for answers for this problem.
>
> We have 3 servers. Oracle 9i was installed via same user with same
> rights in all cases.
>
> Server 1 -
> - no existing Oracle install
> - installed 9.2.0.5 and agent starts
>
> Server 2 -
> - old Oracle Apps 11i server
> - installed 9.2.0.5
> - agent ran from roughly map to August. Since August it refuses to
> start. This was not discovered until December so nobody knows what if
> anything happened to break it.
>
> Server 3 -
> - Oracle Apps 11i dev servers
> - installed 9.2.0.6
> - agent fails to start
>
> In both cases where the 9i agent fails to start, the 8i agent runs
> great.
>
> There are NOT two nic cards.
>
> Trace indicates agent is trying to talk to 0.0.0.0. Oracle had us
> remove a tns_admin entry in the registry but same result.
>
> Looking for anything to try next.
>

> Jeffrey Beckstrom
> Database Administrator
> Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
> 1240 W. 6th Street
> Cleveland, Ohio 44113

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA