Re: ***SPAM?***:Re: Password-Tool

From: Chip Briggs <chip.briggs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:47:11 -0700

Oracle's 8i and newer ODBC drivers support changing passwords; when a password has expired (from an Oracle profile setting), the ODBC driver displays a dialog box with one old password prompt and two new password prompts.

Note: - may get an application error since the new password is not passed back to the application (may need to have user login again using their new password).

Web page note: need to be careful in coding the password reset routine to prevent users from changing other user passwords (e.g. system).

Have Fun :)