Re: ASM Install

From: mhthomas <>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:10:41 -0500

Couple ideas...

I've gotten stuck using ASMLib on some systems (don't worry about the details, no one cares, its just Linux ;-)). Its worth doing the raw configuration once in your environment just to make sure ASMLib is the problem. Can you run oracleasm listdisks okay?

Are you able to observe crs_stat info? If so, what does it say? Another clue is if crs is stuck there are good logs under /tmp with the problem. Might be as simple as running crs_start -all if dbca hangs. :-)

And, dbca needs some coaxing. If your disks have any ASMLib issues it may fail. By the way, what are your disks/storage, since that may make a difference too?

HTH Regards,

Mike Thomas

PS: ASMLib might be a POS in my opinion, until well known 'issues' are fixed. ;-)